AA MINORITY REPORT 2017 (revised)

Click here

Friday 7 January 2011

Another survivor of the Visions' cult

“Hello Fellowship Members,

I was directed to your page erroneously while I was searching for the GSO email address at York, I was astounded when I found the page I was on was about "A Vision for You" AA meeting at St. Peters Crypt in Victoria, London [a later email indicated that the correspondent was referring to the Vision For You group, St Peters, Eaton Square (Wednesday) – see Trans 1 under the Transcriptions/Scans section of site for more information on this cult group].

I had some personal experience of this particular group around 2003/4, Thankfully I had been to plenty of different AA and NA meetings to recognise that something was not right with these groups , and I wish today that I spoken my mind with some of the unfortunate newcomers who attended these meetings. (I never noticed till the end of the article that the letters were written in 2001).

I remember the 1st time I attended, everyone seemed so enthusiastic, but as I took my seat I noticed that all the women were sitting in one area, and as it became clearer, certain 'members' were seated in strategic positions. Immediately after that 1st meeting I was offered the help of a 'temporary sponsor', I was also given a card which said I had to get 2 newcomers numbers at every meeting I went to, there were a few other "suggestions" which looked more like orders to me. I was then asked what meetings I attended, I said "this one and that one" and was told they were 'unhealthy' meetings and I should go to this, this and that meeting. I was also told that I couldn't share till I had taken Step 5, and that I couldn't speak to a member of the opposite sex until I had completed Step 9. This went on for about 6 months or so, every morning I would get a call from my sponsor, or someone else who had taken my number at the previous nights meeting, often as early as 7.30 am. The straw that finally broke my connection with them came when reluctantly I answered the phone at 7.30 [am] and was asked "what is the 1st thing you do each morning?" I said "I go to the Toilet", the other party said , "No, you must pray, that must be the 1st thing you do in the morning". I had visions of trying to pray or meditate while needing to empty my bladder took prime position in the list of things to do, and I realised how ridiculous and dangerous these people were.

I still see them from time to time, they have a definite agenda, though I'm not sure what it is apart from running someone else's life, and controlling what they do. They also used to have a annual trip to Plymouth where they would sleep on other members floors, and do multiple meetings. Some of the relative 'newcomers' that I had known came back, but they had a look of absolute fear in their eye's (that might be the unmanageability) and I was glad I hadn't succumbed to the pressure almost salesman like ways they would pressure people into doing certain things.

They are still going strong, and like shapeshifters they can appear anywhere, and appear to give a really strong AA message, but I feel bad for the newcomers, the people on psychiatric medicine who are encouraged to detox as soon as possible, I feel I have been led to this website for a reason, just not sure what if anything it is yet, but I see these self serving creeps as the worst type of people in A.A. They have no mercy, and they are a cult, almost of satanic standards, very OCD as well.

That's my say for now.

J”

Over to you

The Fellas

(our usual thanks to this AA member for their contribution to our campaign to remove this pernicious corruption from the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous)

No comments:

Post a Comment