AA MINORITY REPORT 2017 (revised)

Click here

Tuesday 13 August 2013

The lunatics really are running the asylum!


Hi 

Just thought I would report to you something that I encountered a few days ago. I was at a meeting in West London, ordinary meeting, not a cult, and the guy doing the chair opened with this 

"My name is X and I am a manuscript recovered alcoholic" 

This refers to the 1938 manuscript that was submitted but rejected and amended prior to the 1st edition. It would seem that manuscript purists are one of the latest growing movements in AA. Very divisive. The chair proceeded to rubbish the entire fellowship that used the "AAWS Big Book" and told us all to burn the 4th Edition as it had " watered down the message"... "4th Edition ? Burn it" he clearly said. And "I follow the manuscript which was the only version of the Big Book approved by an AA group conscience and by God" 

Additionally I found the following Facebook page - 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AA-Original-manuscript-of-the-Big-Book-other-recovery-books/280516748731750 

There may be other pages connected with this "movement" 

Interestingly enough I found a post in that page which clearly asserts that a sponsor is God. I send a screen print of the post, which refers to the "Triune God" - an obvious parallel with the Christian Holy Trinity.


It would seem that a sponsor is the 3rd person of this " triune god" !! It really is getting scary in AA !! The lunatics really are running the asylum ! 

Regards” 

Comment: What can one say! Nutters! And on that succinct note..... 

Cheerio 

The Fellas (Friends of Alcoholics Anonymous) 

PS Our usual thanks to our correspondent