AA MINORITY REPORT 2017 (revised)

Click here

Saturday 21 January 2012

AA BULLSHIT BINGO


"Do you keep falling asleep in meetings? What about those long and boring using stories?? Get tired of the same old Slogan Babble, or members who continue to deal with the same problems, same defects, and same painful relationships FOR YEARS?

Here's a way to change all that...

1. Before (or during) your next meeting, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5" x 5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns- five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.

2. Write one of the following word/phrases in each block:

Issues
Inner-child
Living Amends
Meaningful Relationship
Didn't Mean to Use
I'm Stuck On Step ____
Couldn't Find A Meeting
My Sponsor Has Been Out Of Town
Can't change
Won't change
Yeah But
Oh, The Pain
But.... Don't you think
Misunderstood
Never
Rational
Recovery
Recovering Person
Searching (as in, "for answers")
Gonna (sometimes prefaced with, "I'm")
Been thinking (sometimes prefaced with, "I've")
she/he said,
"I know what it is I need to do but..."
Dysfunctional
I heard
Rage
I don't know much about this, but...

3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words or phrases.

4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"


TESTIMONIALS FROM SATISFIED "AA BULLSHIT BINGO" PLAYERS:

--"I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won."
Adam W., Atlanta

--"My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically."
David T., Tampa

--"What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win."
Dan J., NY City

--"The atmosphere was tense in the last "Gratitude" meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box. "
Ben G., Denver

--"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed out "BULLSHIT" for the third time in 20 minutes."
Carnie Joe, Miami

Play "AA BULLSHIT Bingo" at your next meeting!

Author - Anonymous"



Have fun!

The Fellas (Friends of Alcoholics Anonymous)

(Our thanks for this amusing contribution from an AA member)