AA MINORITY REPORT 2017 (revised)

Click here

Friday 29 November 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is a Cult? (contd)


See here for original blog entry
Under Readers' comments
Wow I cant believe you mentioned that Clancy guy! The superstar of So Cal. I used to attend a mtg in Huntington Beach Cali, and I had just moved there from Long Island. I went to my regular mtg and it was sooo crowded but somehow I squeezed into a chair along the wall. I asked this older man why it was so crowded and he said because Clancy was speaking. So I said whos Clancy and the guy was beside himself. He couldnt believe that I had never heard of the man. Then I find out that the guy has like a whole cult of AAers following his policies which include no facial hair and you must wear a jacket and tie whenever you speak or celebrate. So I forget about Clancy ( I have a life after all) and moved back to NY. I take a vacation down to fort lauderdale Florida and go to a meeting on a HOT summer night. It must have been in the 90's in the room and there was a speaker there who was wearing a suit and just melting! You could see the sweat dripping out of sleeves. Everybody else was in shorts and Tank tops or anything to keep cool. And then he shares that he has to wear this suit cause his sponser is Clancy and he requires him to. The guy had over ten years if I remember correctly. Man did I feel sorry for that poor guy. Now thats taking direction. Only in the rooms.”


Comment: You couldn't make it up could you! Well you could but who'd believe you?
Cheers
The Fellas (Friends of Alcoholics Anonymous)