AA MINORITY REPORT 2017 (revised)

Click here

Wednesday 27 August 2014

To kneel or not to kneel, that is the question?


Extracts from the aacultwatch forum (old)

Hello ….....,

Thank you for your delightful response. You are clearly an intelligent person. So I will be fearless and thorough in my response :)

I would be interested to know what Higher Power requires you to kneel twice per day? Did this "suggestion" come as a direct communication from your Higher Power, or did it come from a sponsor (a human power)?

Although the Big Book mentions "humbly" and "humility", please can you also tell me where in the Big Book it specifically tells us to kneel twice per day, every day. Or is this yet another sponsor-invented "suggestion"??.

As kneeling is a religious practice connected with worship and adoration, I would be interested in the origin of this "suggested" practice.

Would you also please tell me how kneeling equates with being "humble"? I have encountered a number of kneeling fetishists in AA and they seem to me to be very far from being humble. Both in their attitude and behaviour. For example. a man in Ealing - Happy Dennis - talks incessantly about kneeling and being "humble" and coerces others to do likewise. Yet he produces his own literature contradicting AA, breaks the traditions, misquotes AA literature, and doesn't listen to anyone except the voice of his own deluded self-will, which has been running riot in Ealing for some time now causing a lot of disruption to the local fellowship and confusion among newcomers.

Another self-procaimed "humble" and kneeling fetishist is David C Icons, who has set up a website that lies about and distorts the AA program, knowing that it is causing division and conflict within AA, and offering dangerous and potentially fatal advice on medical and psychological matters which he is certainly not qualified to give. Please can you tell me how this is being "humble".

It seems to me that kneeling as an alleged expression of "humility" lacks both depth and weight, and, given the examples above, is nothing more than fakery and posturing.  As the program, according to the Big Book, is about connecting with and doing the will of a Higher Power, I would really like to know what Higher Power requires this daily charade. It certainly isn't my Higher Power!

I can assure you that I do have a conscious contact with my own Higher Power who requires humility to take place in my heart, in my attitudes and behaviour, and not as a mere pose on the floor, easily feigned.  Would I be able to share that in your Hampton Wick [Friday] meeting without being "cross-shared" or "blanked" by the assembled company of ever so "humble" cult-sponsors ? Somehow I doubt it. As has been said elsewhere in the aacultwatch site, and is my experience, - "the more they kneel, the more arrogant they become". It is a sad, but true irony.

I will deal with your other points later when I have more time. Please bear with me, I will address them.  Look forward to your reply.

.....”


Cheers

The Fellas (Friends of Alcoholics Anonymous)

PS To use “comment” system simply click on the relevant tab below this article and sign in. All comments go through a moderation stage

PPS For new aacultwatch forum see here. Have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment