AA MINORITY REPORT 2017 (revised)

Click here

Wednesday 5 August 2009

A member's eye view

"Greetings

Nice to see a movement against these rather empty evil people - the Joys and their other manifestations. I was aware of them and their practices for many years in London...there was a period when myself and 2 or 3 friends used to visit the Joys meeting on Ifield Road on Sunday evening, hoping that our sharing might intrude on the psychological closed shop they were then. I also tried to get intergroup to do something about them..perhaps 15 years ago...It worried me greatly that a journalist might infiltrate one of their groups and it would not take long to recognise all the signs of a cult therein...lovebombing, cutting off from friends, staying within the circle, etc etc. (As happened in Washington about 12 months back - made a big article in Newsweek or perhaps Time magazine (not sure which, one of them no longer functions).

I got sober with David B [one of the originators of the cult movement in Great Britain] - we were both members of the Milman's Street meeting, in Worlds End Chelsea...he came in 2 years before me...to hear him talk you would think he had 12 stepped Bill W - I always actively opposed most things he proposed..because they were daft...I remember him turning up once at a Regional Meeting in Central London and his contribution was so daft that it was ignored and we moved on the the next issue. He never came again..couldn't hack working with grown-ups."

No comments:

Post a Comment